Balsamic roasted sausages and vegetablesApril 4, 2011 4 Comments
On my foodie travels I have discovered that some people have a prejudice against sausages. I am assuming it is the health aspect, I get that, you wonder… what’s ‘really’ in them? are they full of fat?? etc.. but now days you can get some great low fat and organic sausages which I do like to bring into my kitchen to spice up my night time dinner ideas and debunk the myth that they are all bad. After all… everything in moderation I say.
I got the idea for this dish form the Good Food Mag, Nov 2010 edition. It is so simple, the biggest part of this dish is cutting up the veggies… you can do that right?!?!?!
- 3-4 red onions, cut into wedges
- 3-4 red capsicums, seeded and cut into slices
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 6 small gourmet beef sausages
- 6 small gourmet Italian pork sausages
- 250 cherry tomatoes
- 1 ½ tbsp honey
- 4 thyme sprigs
- crusty bread, to serve
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Place onion and capsicum into a roasting pan. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Bake for 10 mins until vegetables start to soften.
- Nestle sausages and tomatoes into capsicum mixture. Drizzle with honey and scatter over thyme. Bake for 15 mins until sausages are golden. Turn sausages over and bake for another 15 mins or until cooked and vegetables are golden and sticky.
- Serve with warm crusty bread.
So tell me what is your prejudice against the little sausage?
Buon Appetito :)
Tags: Balsamic roasted sausages and vegetables, easy cooking, sausagesBalsamic roasted sausages and vegetables, Meat General, Pork