White chocolate mud cupcakesApril 11, 2011 1 Comment
After making the mammoth Rainbow layer cake for my daughters 2nd birthday I felt that the desert table needed some chocolate on it, but in keeping with the pretty pink and white theme I wanted to find a white cupcake that was chocolate, not vanilla, and I found a recipe on taste.com.au which was absolutely fabulous. I highly recommend this recipe.. it’s gorgeous.
Makes approx 12 (depending on size of cups)
For cupcake -
- 125g butter, chopped
- 100g good quality white cooking chocolate, chopped
- 215g caster sugar
- 125ml milk
- 1 eggs
- 115g plain flour
- 75g self-rising flour
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
For white chocolate ganache -
- 360g good quality white cooking chocolate, chopped
- 125ml thickened creamed
- decoration of your choice
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Prepare preferred paper cases either sit them in a muffin pan or as I do, just on a flat tray side by side.
- Combine the butter, chocolate, sugar and milk in a medium saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring for 5 minutes or until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth, Remove from heat. Transfer to a medium heatproof bowl and set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Use a balloon whisk to gently whisk in the egg. Sift the combined flours over the chocolate mixture and gently until just combined. Stir in the vanilla bean paste. Pour mixture evenly among prepared muffin pans. Bake in preheated oven for 30 mins or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Turn onto a wire rack and set aside for 1 hour to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, to make the white chocolate ganache, place the chocolate and cream in the medium heatproof bowl over a medium saucepan half-filled with simmering water (make sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water). Use a metal spoon to stir occasionally until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Place in the fridge for 1 ½ hours, stirring occasionally, or until ganache is spreadable. If you wanted to add food colouring, this would be the time you would do this.
- Use piping back to top cupcakes with ganache. Decorate as desired.
CW cakes are located at 2 locations:
– Crn Glenferrie Rd & Station St, Malvern and
- 224 Lonsdale Street, Dandenong
“CW Cakes has been established for over 29 years in Melbourne, providing cake decorating classes, and providing our customers with everything they need to bake and decorate their own cake with our large range of cake decorating supplies and equipment.”
Tags: cupcakes, which chocolate, White chocolate mud cupcakesBaking, White chocolate mud cupcakes