Spanish chicken with chorizo and potatoesDecember 8, 2011 2 Comments
I have said this before many a times, I love chicken. Some of my favourite ways to eat it I have shared with you in previous posts, Roast Chicken and Simple roast chicken pieces with veggies. I have been eating chicken in these ways forever, so when I decide to try something different I always feel like a traitor!. Tonight I tried a recipe from Nigella Lawson’s most recent cookbook ‘Kitchen’. This Spanish inspired version is a nice little change from my favourite ways to eat chicken. I do however feel like a bit of a cheat when I bring you someone else’s recipe, I wonder if other food bloggers feel like this as well? I wish I could always be a dictionary of new recipes but sometimes I am not and need a little inspiration from someone else. Thank you Nigella you where a lovely inspiration for me this evening :) Yum, yum, yum!
Without further adieu here is the recipe for Spanish chicken with chorizo and potatoes.
Please note this is not the exact recipe form Nigella’s book – I have made several Foodie Goddess changes.
- 5o ml Olive Oil (+ extra for drizzling)
- 10 – 12 chicken drum sticks (with bone and skin)
- 750g chorizo sausages cut into 4cm chunks (unless they are the baby version)
- 1kg new potatoes (cut in half)
- 2 large red onions, peeled and roughly chopped (not too small as they will burn)
- 2 heaped teaspoons of dried oregano
- Grated zest 1 orange
- Salt and Peper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 220 °C. Put olive oil in large roasting pan and rub oil into skin of the chicken. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut up the onions, chorizo sausages and the new potatoes place in the tin with the chicken and sprinkle with oregano and grate the orange zest over the top. Mix.
- Drizel the ingredients with a little extra olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook at 220°C for 1 hour. Half way through cooking give everything a good mix.
Serving suggestion: Serve with a rocket and tomato salad. The simple and fresh tastes really compliment this chicken dish. This is a quick , tasty and fun way to eat chicken. Give it a try!
ENJOY – Buon Appetito!
Tags: chicken, chorizo, Nigella Lawson, Spanish, Spanish chicken with chorizo and potatoesBaking, Chicken, Food writers, Kitchen, Nigella Lawson, Spanish, Spanish chicken with chorizo and potatoes