Salmon and Asparagus PastaFebruary 27, 2012 4 Comments
While looking though my blog recently I realised that I have not done a pasta dish in a long time and for a blogger who proclaims to be Italian and love Italian cooking, lately I have definately not dedicated much time to those types of dishes even though at home I have been cooking more pasta than ever.
I find that some pasta dishes can be so very easy and at the moment easy is the main aim to anything I do – take the path of least resistance. 6 weeks ago I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, and with an active toddler to manage at the same time I feel like my busy bucket is overflowing, so much so that I have not blogged in some time and I miss it very much.
I create new sauces for my pasta dishes all the time, my problem with bringing them to you is that I just do it, I don’t measure anything I just make it, love it and then think.. how am I going to write up this recipe, I need quantities, and time poor mummies find it hard to take it to this level, but this time I have managed it, and I am really glad I have because it is gorgeous. It is a complete meal on a dish – carbs, protein and veggies, no more required, perfect for the time poor people out there….. did I mention it is super easy?
Presenting my Salmon and Asparagus Pasta.
- 500g penne pasta
- 30g oil
- 30g butter
- 200g milk
- 150g cream cheese
- 30g parmesan cheese
- 280g Fresh salmon
- 3 large anchovies
- Half an onion
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 1 bunch of blanched asparagus or 1 can of asparagus spears in spring water (approx 400g)
- Freshly ground nutmeg
- Salt and peper
1. Cook pasta in well salted boiling water (as per packet instructions).
2. Process anchovies, onion and garlic in a food processor or you can chop them into very small prices.
3. Heat oil and butter in a pan and cook anchovies, onion and garlic mixture until golden.
4. Remove salmon skin and dice salmon. Toss in pan.
5. Add milk and cream cheese. Stir well until cream cheese has mixed and dissolved well.
6. Season with salt, pepper and freshly grated nutmeg.
7. Cut asparagus into small pieces. A few minutes before the salmon finishes cooking toss them into the sauce. Cook for another few minutes.
8. Drain pasta and toss into pan with salmon sauce and add parmesan. Mix well.
9. Serve hot and enjoy.
Buon Appetito.Created by The Foodie Goddess
Tags: asparagus, cream cheese, Pasta, penne, salmon, Salmon and Asparagus PastaFish, Pasta, Salmon and Asparagus Pasta